Mission, Purpose, Values for the NC Year of the Trail
Mission: The NC Year of the Trail campaign aims to showcase and celebrate North Carolina’s trails, encouraging ongoing participation, investment, and development among locals and legislators.
Purpose: Year of the Trail celebrates North Carolina’s vast and diverse collection of trails and encourages all of us to recognize our role as champions of these special resources.
Values: Participation, Inclusivity, Stewardship, Connectivity, Collaboration
Year of the Trail Goals
- Inspire people of all ages, abilities, and backgrounds to try trails.
- Demonstrate the importance of trails to elected officials.
- Boost outdoor recreation tourism across the state through Year of the Trail events in all 100 counties.
- Promote safe and responsible use of trails, with the Outdoor NC Principles.
- Advance diversity and inclusion on trails across North Carolina.
- Acknowledge the role of volunteers in building and maintaining trails.